Used Car Search
Robins Diary Suzuki
Women in the workplace!
There is a lot of chatter nowadays about ‘Equal Opportunities’ for both men and women at work, and I must admit I have not intentionally
It is interesting to note however that we now have more women than men in three departments of the business, and we have a young lady from our initiative with the Hunslet Club, who could be our first female apprentice technician! This has been achieved completely on the strength of the candidates, with no advantage given to any sex.
Strange though it may seem, I do hear from friends and colleagues in other businesses that the drive to be ‘Politically Correct’ and have the ‘right mix of staff’ to suit some new guidelines, actually creates discrimination, as targets have to be achieved. This must be very off-putting for staff if they discover they have only been given the role based on quotas and targets, rather than for their capability of doing the job.
Maybe I'm still a bit old school, but surely it must be better for everyone, if roles are given to the people best suited to fulfil them, regardless of anything else. Maybe I’m just fortunate that we get a great cross-section of society who want to work here, all of whom understand common sense is by far the best policy, not just for dealing with customers, but in terms of staff, recruitment, and in fact generally – it’s just a pity that modern society seems hell bent on rules when, yet again, common sense is the best way forward.
“Some degree of inequality in income and wealth, of course, would occur even with completely equal opportunity because variations in effort, skill, and luck will produce variations in outcomes.” Janet Yellen
The BEST crossover in the world (and no idle boast!)
Asked frequently what new car he would recommend, Iain Robertson has admitted that he has great difficulty in deciding, although it usually resides around the car he drives at present but, with the Suzuki Vitara 1.0SZ-T automatic, it’s a win:win!
WELCOME TO LUSCOMBE SUZUKI LEEDS!
Award winning car dealers in Leeds serving the whole of the UK - and remember - We won't sell you a car but WE WILL HELP YOU BUY ONE!!
What is it that sets us apart from the competition?
STRAIGHT TALKING SALES STAFF
MANAGERS WHO COME OUT OF THE OFFICE!
- At Luscombe Suzuki Leeds, we aim to create a unique, stress-free new and used car buying environment.
- We are the No 1 Suzuki Dealer in the country having won the prestigious award of Suzuki Dealer of the Year in 2011, 2013 and 2015.
- We were voted Retailer of the Year 2018 by AutoTrader and also won the Customer Choice Award 2018 for Auto Trader
- We are the "No 1 Dealer in the UK for Suzuki Motability" having sold more new Suzuki Motability cars than any other dealer - because we are "Motability friendly"
- As a result of our top-scoring Google reviews, Luscombe Suzuki Leeds are the No 1 rated New or Used car dealership on Google in Yorkshire!!! Click here to read our reviews
- As a privately owned and run New and Used Car Dealer in Leeds, we can offer a highly personal service in a friendly and relaxed manner.
- As our business ethos states, we empower our straight talking sales staff to make decisions and to deal directly with customers when considering buying or servicing a new or used car
- Our sales staff aren't constantly running back to faceless managers - Our managers come out of their offices on Low Road, Hunslet in Leeds to assist you!
- In order to provide the best possible service for our new and used car customers, we have a very experienced and knowledgeable team of staff with many years of motor trade experience
- Due to our close proximity to the motorway network, we sell new and used cars to motorists from Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Sheffield, Doncaster, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Oldham, Manchester, Lancashire and much further afield.
- As a successful New and Used Car Dealer in Leeds, we pride ourselves on our reputation! For this reason, we actively encourage our customers to leave comments and reviews on Judge Service, Google Reviews, Yelp and Facebook.
- We support local charities, having recently raised over £59,500 for St Gemma's Hospice in Leeds with the supply of a brand new Suzuki Swift for their "Big Car Raffle"
- Finally, if you have any questions, queries, problems or praise, the owner, Robin Luscombe would like to hear from you. Call him on his mobile - 07984 647938