Used Car Search
I’ve just driven past a big building site at the bottom of The Headrow in Leeds and what used to be, for those of you old enough to remember, the Quarry Hill Flats (where Queenie’s Castle with Diana Dors was filmed in the early 70’s) and I noticed that it’s now going to be part of Leeds City College.
I must admit I was surprised they were using a very high-value City Centre site for a college, but I guess that’s just me having a business brain.
Anyway, it got me thinking – here at Luscombe’s we have 50 staff and I believe that only one of them has a degree - the others, like myself, are either apprentice trained, self-trained or have just learnt lessons in life, and do a great job! I reckon it’s a great pity that we push everyone down the road of further education - I for one was much happier working and learning and doing day-release than I would have been staying on at school, so in my opinion, we should encourage young people to do whatever vocation suits them, but do it well.
Fortunately, apprenticeships are on the increase – in fact we shall be looking for two more apprentices this summer. Overall in this country we have a manual skills shortage, and the jobs with the highest pay might not be in IT, but rather mechanics, plumbers, joiners etc, and certainly when the central heating doesn’t work or the car won’t start, we all know they are worth their weight in gold!!
“Job training empowers people to realize their dreams and improve their lives.” Sylvia Mathews Burwell
Not From Leeds? Not a Problem!
In the 5 years since we opened, our reputation for excellent customer service has spread far and wide. We now find lots of our customers come from much further afield to buy from us.
- We are open, honest & trustworthy! We have built our whole business on this principle.
- So much so, you can ring our MD direct on his mobile.
- We make it easy and stress-free! No more endless battles with pushy salespeople to get the best price
- Because the most effective advertising for our business doesn’t come from us, it comes from our many happy (and genuine) customers who leave reviews on our service
- How do we know they’re genuine? Because only verified customers can leave a review.
- Communication is key! Our sales executives are extremely experienced in responding quickly and effectively to email and telephone enquiries, and have the latest technology allowing them to send photos and videos of our cars to customers further afield.
- They are also empowered to give part exchange valuations via email or telephone (subject to vehicle condition being as stated) allowing customers across the length and breadth of the UK access to the very best deals.
- With our close proximity to the M1, M62, M621 and A1 motorways, plus our free pickup service from Leeds Railway Station less than 2 miles away, getting to us is easy too.
- Can’t make it to Leeds? No problem! We deliver too.